File USPS Domestic Claim: USPS File a Claim is a service which allow users to claim the refund of a service if the mail item is lost or damaged during the shipment. USPS always handles the packages with care and if accidentally something happens to the package then the USPS will take the whole responsibility of it and refund its value.
If you are looking to file USPS Domestic claims then there are two ways to do it. Read the information below to know more about them.
- Online Method
- By Mail
Let’s discuss both the methods in detail.
Method 1: Online through USPS.com
Please note that a Proof of value and evidence of insurance is required for filing a claim online.
- You need to visit https://www.usps.com/help/claims.htm, there you can read the claims related information.
- You need to scroll down below and click on the “Start an Online Claim” button.
- Sign in to your account. If you don’t have an account then create a new one and then sign in.
- Then enter the tracking number and shipping date.
- Enter the package information and the reason for your claim.
- Mention whether you are a Mailer or Addressee.
- Fill the address information.
- Describe the package item information.
- You can add up to 10 items per claim.
- Please note that proof of value is required.
- After describing the items in your claim, you can proceed to submit it.
- Make sure to check the information properly before submitting the claim.
USPS will send you a confirmation email after they receive your claim request. On the confirmation screen, you can click on the “Claim History” to see the status of your claim.
Method 2: By Mail
For some reason, if you are not able to file a claim online, then you can do the same by mail as well.
- You can call the USPS National Materials Customer Service center to request a Domestic Claim form.
- Complete the form and mail it, along with proof of value and evidence of insurance, to the address on the form.
Make sure to contact the service center during their working hours.
Monday – Friday 6:00 AM – 6:00 PM Central Time
Saturday/Sunday – CLOSED
Federal Holidays – CLOSED
Now you know how to file a Domestic claim online & by mail. Use any method as per your convenience. We are hoping that your queries related to how to file a claim are resolved now, if not then do let us know in the comment section.