USPS tracking number is the most important thing of the Postal Service. This is used to identify the owner of the package, address of the recipient, mail class, payment status, for tracking the location of the package. Almost all the Mail service include the tracking facilities if any Mailing service doesn’t have then you can avail it by paying some amount. This number is required to track the package whether you are using online portal, text or phone tracking. Now you must be wondering how to find out this number and how to use the tracking number to track a package. So we are here to help you to find out the tracking/article number.
Where to find the USPS tracking number
There are plenty of ways to find out the USPS article number. You can locate the USPS tracking number in a different way for differ service.
- Post Office™ shipping receipt
- Sales receipt if you bought insurance at the Post Office
- Your email confirmation if you shipped from USPS.com
- The shipping confirmation email you received from an online retailer
- The bottom peel-off portion of your USPS Tracking label
- The back of the orange slip you received if you missed a USPS delivery
You want to know how are my tracking number looks like. We are sharing the sample of for different Mail service number.
- USPS Tracking 9400 1000 0000 0000 0000 00
- Priority Mail 9205 5000 0000 0000 0000 00
- Certified Mail 9407 3000 0000 0000 0000 00
- Collect On Delivery Hold For Pickup 9303 3000 0000 0000 0000 00
- Priority Mail Express International® EC 000 000 000 US
- Priority Mail Express® 9270 1000 0000 0000 0000 00
EA 000 000 000 US
- Priority Mail International CP 000 000 000 US
- Registered Mail 9208 8000 0000 0000 0000 00
- Signature Confirmation 9202 1000 0000 0000 0000 00
- Global Express Guaranteed® 82 000 000 00
|Class / Service||Example||Label ID Information|
|Registered Mail™ service (Domestic or can be Outbound International)||RA 000 000 000 US||It Starts with two letters (“R” followed by another letter) followed by nine numbers and at the end with letters “US”, located in the upper left-hand corner of the receipt.|
|Collect On Delivery (COD)||M 000 000 000||Will begin with one letter (such as “M”) followed by nine numbers.|
|Insured Mail ($500 and under Domestic)||1307 1300 0001 9020 5798||Will have 16-20 digits in length, located on the front, left-hand side of the receipt, uses PS Form 3813.|
|Insured Mail (Over $500 Domestic)||VE 000 000 000 US||Begins with two letters (“V” followed by another letter) followed by nine numbers and the 2-letter country code. Located in the upper left-hand corner of the receipt, uses PS Form 3813-P.|
|Priority Mail Express® items (Domestic)||EA 000 000 000 US||First two words are in Letters followed by nine numbers and the letters “US” [Note: “E” is currently the most common first letter], located in the upper right-hand corner, below the barcode.|
You can find the tracking number on the receipt you get from the post office. If you received the Delivery Notice/Reminder/Receipt in unreadable condition then you use the barcode number printed on the back side to search on USPS.com. Using tracking number you can track a Mail in a different way. A sample of the Delivery Notice/Reminder/Receipt is given below check it out For more information visit USPS.com
Thank you for visiting the website, for more query go to FAQ section.