If you used a service with a money-back guarantee such as Priority Mail Express, Priority Mail Express International, Global Service, PMEI, and Unused click n ship label then you may be able to request a refund. You can apply for a refund option if your mail item or package is lost, missing or damaged. But before proceeding to apply for a refund, submit Missing Mail Search Request online, if USPS can’t find or locate your missing mail then request for a refund.
Priority Mail Express
- This service comes with a money-back guarantee.
- Request a postage (and Sunday or holiday premium fee and/or the 10:30 am delivery fee, as applicable) refund within 30 days of purchase.
- Make your refund request at your local Post Office.
Priority Mail Express International
If you’ve used this service, then before filling a postage refund, make sure to complete an inquiry process within 90 days of the date of mailing. Call the customer support of USPS at 1-800-222-1811 for a postage refund.
The refund will be provided only when:
- There is a confirmation after the inquiry process that a loss, damage, or missing content has occured.
- The inquiry was initiated within the 90-day filing period.
- The postmaster has received verification from the Product Tracking System (PTS) or the International Research Group that loss, damage, or missing contents has occurred.
- You have received PS Form 3533: Application and Voucher for Refund of Postage, Fees, and Service.
Global Service Guaranteed
- Global Express Guaranteed also comes with a money-back guarantee.
- For that, you must request a refund within 30 days of the mailing date.
- Call the customer support at 1-800-222-1811 for more details.
- The original receipt of the Air Waybill (shipping label) is required when filing a refund request. Some restrictions apply.
PMEI with Money back Guarantee Service
- Request for a refund in case your shipment did not arrive on the guaranteed delivery date.
- You should make your inquiry within 30 days of the mailing date.
- Call the Customer Care at 1-800-222-1811 for support.
The postage will be refunded only when:
- Your inquiry was initiated within 30-days of the mailing date.
- The Customer Care Center receives confirmation from the foreign postal administration that the shipment did not arrive on the guaranteed delivery date.
- You have received PS Form 3533-GE: Application and Voucher for Refund of Postage and Fees – Priority Mail Express International with Guarantee Service.
Unused Click N Ship labels
Click-N-Ship labels are also eligible for refunds within 30 days of the print date (the label transaction date). You need to log in to Click-N-Ship and view your Shipping History in order to request a refund.
Labels are eligible for refunds only if a barcode scan event does not show up in USPS system and a refund has not been previously requested or processed for the label
To initiate a refund, you need to send an email to the Click-N-Ship Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make sure to add following information in your e-mail:
- User Name
- Click-N-Ship account number
- Label number
- Transaction number and date
If you still have any question related to USPS Request Refund then it is recommended to visit official USPS FAQs section.