USPS Media Mail: United States Postal Service offers multiple mail & shipping services which allow users to send & receive mail items or packages domestically and internationally. USPS Medi Mail is one such cost-effective service which is used to send educational materials. However, there are few restrictions on the type of mail items that can be shipped (restrictions will be discussed later). Apart from Medial mail service, there are few other domestic mail services.
Other Domestic Mail & Shipping Services:
What is USPS Media Mail?
As mentioned above that Media Mail is a cost-effective way to send educational materials. This service has restrictions on the type of media that can be sent. This service is perfect if you want to send books and educational material. Let’s understand the restrictions, rates, and tracking related information to have a complete overview of USPS media mail service.
USPS Media Mail Rules & Restrictions
- The Maximum weight should not be more than 70 lbs.
- The material sent must be educational media only. All other materials such as Video games, computer drives, or digital drives of any kind are not eligible or qualified for mailing at Media Mail prices.
Media Mail rates are limited to the items listed below:
USPS Media Mail Rates / Costs:
USPS Media Mail service is starting at following prices. Visit your nearest post office or USPS.com to avail this service.
- From $2.63 at the Post Office
- From $1.82 for Commercial Pricing
USPS Media Mail Tracking
USPS media mail tracking allows users to check the status of media mail. Visit USPS.com to track your media mail, make sure you have a tracking number, only then you will be able to track your mail item, else not.
Media Mail is the perfect affordable option for sending Books, CDs, and DVDs through the United States Postal Service. You can also track the packages you sent thanks to the USPS Tracking System.
Use USPS Tracker to track your media mail.
How to track USPS Media Mail?
- Visit the USPS.com. On the main page from the left-hand side, you will see an option called “Track a Package”. Enter your tracking number into that field, and click the “Track a Package” Button. You will then see information about your package. The information is updated at each station the package arrives at; therefore, it will not be in real time.
- Or else make a Call to customer service representative at 1-800-ASK-USPS (8777). Provide the representative with your tracking number.
USPS Media Mail Calculator
Use USPS postage calculator to calculate the price of postage. Determining postage prices is easy now, all you need to do is to use a postage calculator. The links to the official calculator are available below, click on the link, follow the instructions to calculate an estimated shipping price.
If you want more information about Media Mail service then it is recommended USPS Tracking Point for more useful information and details related to USPS services.or call at 1-800-ASK-USPS (1-800-275-8777). Keep visiting