USPS Missing Mail Search Request: Let’s understand here how to submit USPS missing mail requests. Before that, it’s important to know what is a missing mail and what you can do in case your mailpiece is missing.
Missing Mail is that mail that is not delivered by the expected delivery date. This applies to packages that are undelivered, lost, or late. Here are the few things you can do if a mailpiece is late, lost, or missing;
- before assuming your mailpiece is missing or lost, make sure to check the delivery standards and USPS tracking. Sometimes mail gets delayed due to weather-related and other natural disasters or events.
- You can submit a Missing Mail search request.
- File a Claim.
- You can visit your nearest Post Office for filling out a Missing Mail request.
- Call 1-800-275-8777 (1-800-ASK-USPS) for further assistance.
If you have decided to Submit USPS Missing Mail Search Request Online then here is what you need to do.
How to Submit USPS Missing Mail Search Request?
You need to first submit your Help Request Form first, if your mail or package has not arrived even after 7 business days of submitting the Help request form then you can proceed to fill submit the Missing Mail search request;
- Visit https://missingmail.usps.com/
- provide Sender mailing address
- Recipient mailing address
- mention the size and type of container or envelope you used
- provide your USPS Tracking number(s), the mailing date from your mailing receipt, or Click-N-Ship label receipt
- mention what the content is, mention the brand, model, color, or size, if applicable
- Provide relevant pictures which can help in finding a mail piece.
After receiving the Missing Mail search request, USPS will forward it to your local Post Office to help locate any missing items.
- How to check the status of Missing Mail search request?