USPS Priority Mail: United States Postal Service(USPS) is an Independent agency of the United Sates federal government responsible for the mail or postal service in the United States. It is one of the few government organizations, explicitly authorized by US Constitution. The USPS traces its roots to 1775 but formed as USPS in 1971. The USPS employs some 617,000 workers, making it the third-largest civilian employer in the United States behind the Fed Government and Wal-Mart.
USPS offers various mail & shipping services such as Priority mail, priority mail express, first class mail, USPS retail ground, and Media Mail. This guide will let you know everything about Priority Mail.
- 1 What is Priority Mail?
- 2 Priority Mail Restrictions
- 3 USPS Priority Mail Tracking – Best Mail Service
- 4 Priority Mail Delivery Map
- 5 Priority Mail International
- 6 USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope / Boxes
What is Priority Mail?
Priority Mail is one of the services of USPS which aims at providing delivery of the items in lesser time and affordable price.Time is one of the most important factors for E-commerce industries.The E-commerce industries look for cheap and best services when it comes to shipping.As the cheap services may take a long time to deliver and fast services will cost industries dearly.Hence, the Priority service is a mixture of the two giving you the delivery in 1-3 business days for Domestic and 6-10 business days for International shipping.
The expected delivery date will be printed on the label of the shipment.The printed date of delivery is based on origin, destination and drop-off time.This is not a guaranteed service and delivery may be delayed due to some unseen reasons.Delivery Tracking is included for free on all domestic shipments but may not be applied to the International Shipments.
Insurance(up to $50) is included on domestic shipments but some restrictions and exclusions may apply.Additional insurance is available for added fee.Additional confirmation options(Signature Confirmation, Adult Signature) are also available but for an extra fee.Insurance(up to $200) included on international Shipments but some restrictions may apply also Insurance limits vary by country.
Features of Priority Mail
Following are the features of priority mail.
- It offers free Package Pickup service at your office or home.
- It includes USPS Tracking option when you ship through online mode and at retail.
- The delivery time is 1 to 3 business days.
- There is an insurance of up to $50 with most shipments (restrictions apply)
- There are no surcharges for fuel or residential, rural, and regular Saturday delivery.
- Flat Rate, regional, and prepaid pricing (retail only) available.
USPS Priority Mail Rates
Priority Mail cost is normally based on weight and zone of mail item except for Priority Mail Flat Rate, packaging. And with Prepaid Forever Priority Mail Flat Rate you get the same Flat Rate pricing with the added convenience of Forever postage.
Use Price Calculators from below to calculate expected domestic shipping costs for domestic shipments. Link to check a price is given below
Eligibility Standards for Priority Mail
- Priority Mail may contain any mailable matter.
- The weight of a mail item should not be more that 70 pounds except for APO and FPO mail.
- The delivery time is 1 to 3 days.
- USPS does not guarantee the delivery time.
- Priority Mail matter is closed against postal inspection.
Content Standards for Priority Mail
- All mailable matter weighing less than 70 pounds may be sent as Priority Mail
- Matter prohibited by standards (e.g., certain hazardous materials) can’t send through Priority Mail.
- Priority Mail prices are required for a mailpiece that weighs more than 13 ounces when the mailpiece contains matter that must be mailed as First-Class Mail.
Priority Mail Restrictions
There are some restrictions for mailing restricted, prohibited items which cannot be shipped.
Prohibited Domestic Items
- Air Bags
Prohibited International Items
- Air Bags
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Dry Ice
- Fresh Fruits and Vegetables
- Nail Polish
- Perfumes(containing Alcohol)
All prohibited domestic items are also prohibited from being shipped internationally.However, some items which are allowed to be shipped domestically are not allowed to be shipped Internationally.
USPS Priority Mail Tracking – Best Mail Service
As now almost everyone uses USPS to mail their items which may range from simple letters to huge shipments.The steps of delivery are quite simple but sometimes the deliverables may take longer time due to some unforeseen circumstances or situations.Hence, to know your the status of your item you may use Tracking System which gives you the current status of your item.
Hence to track an item you must know the steps for the same.The USPS tracking system gives you the information of their whole procedure of delivering an item.They also tell you that at which stage is your item pending and what are other stages it has to follow before it can be delivered to you.You must know that all types of tracking are not equal.The tracking information gets more and more detailed as the shipment gets more expensive.
Track Your Order
There are some steps which you have to follow to track your order:
- First of all, you need your receipt received by the USPS while ordering.
- A unique track number must be there on your receipt and it must be safeguarded until your package is received.
- Enter that USPS tracking number to track down your shipment.
- You will be provided with detailed information of your shipment.
Priority Mail Delivery Map
US Postal Service provides a Priority mail delivery map option from where you can easily know the expected 1, 2, or 3-day delivery areas for Priority Mail shipments. Read further to know how to get started with delivery map option.
When will my Package arrive?
USPS provides a map through which you get to know the expected 1, 2, or 3-day delivery areas for Priority Mail shipments. Delivery time is not guaranteed by USPS
How to get started?
- Visit https://www.usps.com/priority-mail/map/
- Then enter the 3 or 5 digit zip code from where you’re shipping.
- After entering the code, use drag & zoom option on a map to see the area you’re mailing to, as well as all the U.S. territories such as Alaska, Hawai that receive Priority Mail service.
Priority Mail International
Priority Mail International service is offered by USPS under International mail services which are reliable and affordable international delivery to more than 180 countries. On top of that, get free shipping supplies. It begins at $23.95 at Post Office locations and online. Know about Priority Mail International in details from here.
- May qualify for free Package Pickup service at your home or office
- The delivery time is 6 to 10 business days
- USPS Tracking is included.
- There is an insurance $100 which is included for non-negotiable document reconstruction and up to $200 insurance is included for merchandise for loss or damage.
Except for Priority Mail International Flat Rate pricing, Priority Mail International prices are based on weight and destination country. Use International Price Calculator from below to calculate expected shipping costs for international shipments. Estimate shipping costs now using a calculator.
USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope / Boxes
Check out priority mail flat rate products from below.
Word File (.doc): Download USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate Products
USPS customer support: 1-800-275-8777
USPS official website: www.usps.com
If you’ve nay question or query related to USPS Priority Mail, then use the comment section provided below. We will respond back at the earliest.